Yoga Teacher Training
JOIN US ON YOUR JOURNEY.... NEW CLASS STARTS FALL 2017!
PREP-SCHOOL OPTION STARTING EARLY SUMMER 2017
SCHOOL OF HATHA YOGA AT SIMPLY YOGA
2017-2018 Teacher Training Program
Have you ever thought about deepening your own practice or wanting to share the gifts of Yoga with others? Our Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour Teacher Training program was created for dedicated Yoga students who wish to broaden their studies and explore becoming a Yoga teacher. Regardless of your level, Simply Yoga’s Teacher Training program promotes a safe balance between effort and ease so all benefit.
In our program you’ll gain a thorough and practical understanding of the primary asanas, including alignment principles, variations, contra-indications and modifications like the use of props. In addition to asana, the program delves into the spiritual aspects and lifestyle of Yoga through the exploration of philosophy found in the ancient texts of the Upanishad’s, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, and the Bhagavad Gita. Our unique team of teachers create learning experiences that will guide, inspire, and support your transformational journey.
School of Hatha Yoga at Simply Yoga
2017-2018 Teacher Training Program Calendar
Module One: November 17-19, 2017
Module Two: December 15-17, 2017
Module Three: January 19-21, 2018
Module Four: February 16-18, 2018
Module Five: March 16-18, 2018
Module Six: April 20-22, 2018
Clinic One: December 2, 2017
Clinic Two: January 6, 2017
Clinic Three: February 3, 2018
Clinic Four: March 3, 2018
Clinic Five: April 7, 2018
Clinic Six: May 5, 2018
Program flexibility allows for completion in as little as 6 months to a maximum of 18 months.
Program Requirements to Earn RYT-200
180 Contact Hours
- Participation in 6 modules. A module takes place every month on Friday (6:30 – 8:30 p.m.) and Saturday & Sunday (7:50 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. with a break for lunch).
- Participation in 6 eight-hour Saturday clinics
- Attendance in an approved, three-hour workshop of your choice.
- Submit written evaluation for 8 Yoga group classes taught by a Program Teacher.
20 Non-Contact Hours
All outside resources support the training and are relevant to Yoga. They may include:
- Group Activities such as study groups with fellow Teacher Trainees directed toward discussion, technique practice and teaching practice
- Experiential Activities such as assisting a RYT-200 or higher level credentialed teacher deliver a Yoga class
- Written Assignments on Yoga-related topics found in books, videos, and periodicals
- Seva: Yoga outreach in our SimplyYoga studio and in our greater community
Teacher Training Learning Objectives
- To deepen students’ personal practice and their understanding of the philosophical roots of the Hatha Yoga tradition
- To provide a supportive environment where students can learn and integrate the teachings of Yoga beyond the classroom into daily life
- To deliver high quality instructions and experiences so students learn how to safely and purposely sequence poses and teach a Yoga class in the areas of pranayama (classical breathing practices), asana (postures), and meditation
- To lay the foundation for graduates to continue on a path of growth and learning, allowing them to develop their own talent as Yoga teachers and as Yoga practitioners
- Asana Theory & Practices
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Meditation & Pranayama
- Philosophy & Spiritual Aspects
- Yoga Teaching Skills & Yogic Lifestyles
- A non-refundable $500 application fee, which is applied to tuition at the time of acceptance into program.
- Tuition includes program manual, modules, clinics, approved workshop, and studio Yoga classes.
Early Bird Tuition
- $2,700 on or before September 1, 2017 (includes $500 application fee)
- $2,750 on or before September 15, 2017 (includes $500 application fee)
- $2,800 between September 16, 2017 and October 7, 2017 (includes $500 application fee)
Tuition Installment Plan
- $500 application fee due before program start date with 1st installment of $1,200 due on or before Module One and 2nd installment of $1,200 due on or before
- Required books are not included in cost of tuition.
Our program is directed by Mindy Leventhal, E-RYT, and is taught by Mindy and Lead Teachers Kat Danio, E-RYT, and Jill Douglas, E-RYT. Program Coordinator Christine Papera, E-RYT, will help you stay on track, keep you informed,and assist in class. Their advanced knowledge,compassion, and ability to inspire and teach teachers will provide you a foundation for a transformational experience. Together they have a combined Yogic knowledge of over 53 years of practice.