Yoga Class Etiquette
- Please wear loose fitting comfortable clothes that you can move in.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of your class. This will give you time to set up, and let the instructor know of any physical limitations. If another class is in session, please be mindful to keep conversations low in the main waiting area.
- Please make sure your cellular phone is in the off position.
- Please leave your shoes in the front lobby.
- Do bring water in order to stay hydrated. Please check with your instructor regarding his/ her guidelines on this.
- Please notify your instructor prior to the start of class, if you need to leave early.
- Do not eat for at least 2-3 hours prior to the beginning of class. If you need to eat something, a piece of fruit, glass of juice, or very small snack is OK.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, or fragranced body lotions or oils to class (others can be sensitive to certain scents).
- Be true to yourself. Yoga is not about "no pain, no gain." The body rules over the teacher, always! Remember there is no competition in Yoga, it is an inward journey so pay close attention to your breath.
- Please do not make any sudden movements during class and bring your practice to a halt if you feel any pain, discomfort, or dizziness.
Enjoy this time to connect your mind, body, and spirit through the beautiful practice of yoga!